SUPRA is proud to offer an advanced clinical experience in pediatric regional anesthesia
- This is a 50% Clinical Instructor position as an attending pediatric anesthesiologist and 50% Clinical Scholar position for the advance clinical experience.
- Regional attending-led block placement and follow-up with active fellow participation in block placement and follow-up
- NO required call commitment for general OR or Regional team (may take call if desired)
- Regularly scheduled non-clinical days to pursue academic interests
- Minimal overlap with pediatric anesthesia fellows on regional service
- Improved marketability after clinical experience
Overall Goals of Clinical Experience
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of pediatric anatomy relevant to regional anesthesia.
- Become technically proficient in the performance of regional techniques in children.
- Become knowledgeable about pediatric regional anesthesia literature.
- Stretch goal: complete a regional anesthesia academic project
- Present an abstract at a national meeting
Please submit your application with the following documents preferably electronically or by mail to the Program Administrator:
Clinical Scholar in Pediatric Regional Anesthesia Selection Committee
c/o Kathryn De Rama
300 Pasteur Drive, H3584
Stanford, CA 94305-5640
Office: (650) 723-5728
- Application Form: download pdf here
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- 3 letters of recommendation including one from your residency program director. At least one of the remaining letters should be written by a pediatric anesthesia faculty or staff member
- Copy of medical school diploma
- If residency has been completed, please submit your residency completion certificate and your competency-based summative evaluation written by your program director
Application Timeline for Academic Year 2020-2021
- Applications Accepted
- Applications are accepted through December 15th, 2019
- January 2nd till February 15th
- Candidate selection date